How to do a Glute Bridge
What are Glute Bridges?
The glute bridge allows you to tone, define and target your glutes in one swift movement. Focusing and engaging one of the largest muscles in your body, the glute bridge helps improve strength in your hamstrings, lower back and core.
Start targeting your gluteus maximus by reading on to discover how to perform a glute bridge and get the most from each rep.
GLUTE BRIDGE TIPS
- Feel the pressure. When performed properly, you should feel it in your glutes and hamstrings.
- It’s all in the hips. When you’re in the bridge, thrust up from your hips not your feet.
- Engage the core. Tighten your abs as you thrust upward to help avoid overextending your back.
LYING GLUTE BRIDGE
Level: Beginners to Advanced
Equipment required: No equipment necessary. If you want to progress this exercise, you can use a weighted barbell.
- Lie flat on your back with arms straight by your side, knees bent hip-width apart, and feet flat on the floor.
- Engage your core and glutes as you lift your hips up towards the ceiling so your shoulders, hips and knees are in a straight line.
- Hold for a couple of seconds, squeezing your glutes before slowly returning to the starting position.
- Repeat for number of reps targeted.